welcome to my page Pictures, Images and Photos

Taking a brave step but end up being misunderstood, LOL...

>> Friday, March 6, 2009

Today I take a very brave step by wearing a baju Melayu to varsity. But I end up being misunderstood by some people. When I arrived at my varsity, everyone is staring at me with strange eyes expression. Most probably they feel curious why this Chinese guy wearing the Malay costumes? LOL...I'm now in a combination of Chinese and Malay race. I keep on walking and ignoring my surrounding. I want to avoid being noticed by people. So I don't dare to raise up my head. Feel a bit regret for what I've done!

Then I was approached by one of my friend. He said, "What happen to you? Why are you wearing this attire? You have converted to Islam is't?" I just manage to keep silent for few seconds but later we laughed together. I told him I want to be different today, so I wear baju Melayu. He said at first he don't dare to call me. He worried that he recognize a wrong guy. After a few minutes chat, then we dismiss. He even praise for my bravery! LOL...
When I walk to the bus stop, there is a guy sounds me, "Why are you still here? Not you're suppose at mosque? Now it's almost the end of the prayer". OMG! I just realize that today is Friday. I should not wear baju Melayu because today Malay people need to go mosque for Friday prayer. I replied him that I'm a Chinese guy not Malay. He apologize me and I feel very embarrassed! Then I later straight board the bus and heading back to my house, ignoring everyone who staring me.
When I reached my hostel, my house mate greeted me "Assalammualaikum chai!" I was shocked by that greet and I could do is smile at them. Then I quickly go up my room and take off my baju Melayu. Argh...What a embarassing day I have today. I promise myself not to wear like this next time. It's looks very weird! I was laughing in my room, Hahaha....

I'm having problem to fold the 'kain pelekat' which is fully handmade. It's very nice and I borrowed it from my friend. I take several minutes to learn how to fold, but in the halfway it will get loose and fell down. At last I decide to put it on my shoulder, also one of the way for those who don't know how to fold. Emm...I hope I can mastered the skill of folding the 'kain pelekat' one day.

This is what the best I could do. I really don't know how to fold the 'kain pelekat'. My friend demonstrate me once, and I thought I could do it. Haih...feel too confident of myself, but now come out to be different, LOL....I really don't know how to fold, can somebody out there teach me? I really appreciate it.


Feeling frustrated, finally I put that beautiful 'kain pelekat' on my shoulder. Okay, looks like I have to end my blog here. All I could say is today is my most embarrassing, funny and weird day. Bye~

0 comments:

Powered by UMS